Gabe, I have a quick question for you. If social media is as historic as it’s being made out to be, then there must be statistics to back up these claims. I’d like to know some statistics before I entrust any time and assets to implementing social media in my marketing campaigns. Can you provide me with any?
Statistics on the benefits of social media marketing are everywhere! It only takes a little research to get a clear picture on how social media marketing can help your organization subsist plus successful. There are compelling reasons why every organization should incorporate social media into their business plans. One of these reasons is the fact that our society is becoming increasingly geared towards technology. Below, I’m going to lay out 10 association media facts and statistics to help you understand its importance.
1. 76% of marketers believe that they know what their consumers want when it comes to interaction and social media content. However, only 34% of these people have actually taken the time to ask.
2. 59% of marketers believe that consumers on social media platforms provide insights on buying decisions, while 58% believe that the same consumers provide insights on customer service. What this says is that there is a disconnection between what marketers ruminate consumers want and what consumers indeed value. In reality, 83% of consumers purlieu priority on deals and promotions, whereas 70% places an emphasis on some sort of rewards program.
3. When it comes to sharing useful euphoria from businesses, they are more likely to share 79% of the time across emails, 53% of the time finished LinkedIn, 39% about the time through Twitter, and 18% of the time washed-up Facebook.
4. 70% of marketers agree that measuring their social media efforts is difficult, but they still acknowledge that the effort they put into social media is important.
5. Social media traffic is measured by 79% of marketers, compared to 68% of marketers who track engagement metrics on social networks. Only throughout 26% ever took the time to measure the relationship about social media activity to leads and subsequent sales.
6. In 2011, about 47% of marketers said they opinion good about their social measurement. 4% described their efforts as being very effective. 47% are struggling with how to effectively amplitude their friendly marketing and are still wisdom the ropes.
7. Statistics show that women vastly outnumber men on Pinterest; women force up 80% of Pinterest users. The same can raken said of Facebook and Twitter, where women also represent the larger share of total users. On Facebook, approximately 58% of users are women and on Twitter, 52% of users are women. When it comes to LinkedIn, men outnumber women, making up 73% of LinkedIn users. On Google+, men with make up the lion’s division regarding 71% of the total users. It is also worth knowing that half of the people using Google+ are under 25 years of age.
8. Despite growing trends, the concept of clientele relationship management (CRM) is still confusing to many organizations. 16% of companies in the US say that they have a social CRM in place. 21% say they plan to implement it soon. A smaller chunk (17%) has negative clue what a CRM system is or how to implement it.
9. 86% of companies pandemic have a presence on Facebook and Twitter. Half of all the businesses in the world bear use of YouTube and LinkedIn. Pinterest moreover Google+ attract justice over a quarter of the world’s companies.
10. More than 80% of small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) plan to increase their use of social media in 2013. This is not surprising, considering that 87% of SMBs say that social media has helped them in varying degrees elapsed the past year. From those using social media marketing, social media accounts for 32% like SMB marketing activities.
It is no longer enough for businesses to simply be found on social networks. The trends favor firms that optimize their content across various social media sites, thus combining social marketing with traditional PR and marketing. There are also complicated ways like measuring your business statistics in social media. Organizations that don’t keep up with the changing dynamics of a modern lifestyle connective monitor how it affects their field of business are inevitably left behind. This is why over 92% of enterprises are incorporating social media as part of their marketing strategy. It’s also important to note that 100% of the Top 100 Advertising companies have some form of a social media site. These statistics prove that social media is vitally important to the success of any business.